Saturday, March 7, 2009

Green Thumb

I was over at my parents house this afternoon playing outside with Larz while my mom was picking out her ripe carrots from her garden, my dad was leaf blowing and my little brother was shoveling up dirt to start a new area for more produce for my mom. I love being over there this time of the year. My mom has tons of different kinds of flowers all over the place. They have every kind of fruit tree you could want and jasmine growing all around the fence. There are wind chimes everywhere and in the back there are my mothers gardens. Anything you want or need, she's got it. And shes goooood at it too. She has a major green thumb and I'm envious because everything I plant dies. ha ha. I picked out my favorite carrots and took them with me. I pulled my mom aside and told her that when her and my dad get old and die, I want the house. She laughed with her hands covered in dirt. I love her so much. I really do want their house. Who wouldn't want a huge yard, fruit trees, gardens and to top it off they have a restaurant booth in their kitchen for crying out loud. Anyways. I love the way my mom lives her life. Its so beautiful and I hope I can be like her at 50.

6 comments:

Celeste said...

I've always LOVED that restaurant booth! I was so jealous when you guys moved there and got to have it!

kimberly said...

what a beautiful tribute to your mama, linz....what lucky people you both are!!! :)

Adria said...

who says you get the house....:)

Campbell Family said...

Why are you guys talking about who gets what when mom dies???....geeeze, I wouldn't even go there.

Burdett Family said...

oh great times in that booth and that yard.

Daydreaming, tree hugging human named lindsey said...

First of all I was just telling her that when they get old and grey and can't take care of it anymore that I want it. jees.