Saturday, March 28, 2009


I was watching True life on Mtv the other day and it was about girls who were pregnant and possibly placing their babies for adoption. I always have a hard time watching those kinds of things because I've been through it but thats why I like watching them. Its real and I like to see others stories. In this case there were two girls. both young and unmarried and lost in life. One girl was pretty set on it but once she had the baby everything changed. I understood exactly what she felt and felt for her. She kept the baby for a week or so and then decided to place her. It is an open adoption and she sees her every other week. Lucky duck. :) Seeing the moment of her handing her daughter over made me cry my big eyes out. I didn't even know this girl and I was so proud of her for doing it. She went on to go to school and her life was beautiful and her daughter was still a part of it. The other girl was also planning to place but the father wasn't for it. He didn't have a job and lived with his parents with his child from a previous relationship. The girl chose a couple and got to know them. Her boyfriend somehow talked her out of it and she had the baby and farely soon after having her she left. She left the couple broken hearted and most importantly, she left her daughter. I was so freakin mad at this girl I could've broken the tv screen. It showed her having a smoke and living with friends and just not caring and saying how she just isn't ready to be a mom. I was dumbfounded. That little girl could've had a family who loved her and showed her family values and now she is stuck with a dead beat dad and no mother. I felt so bad for the baby. And I was so angry with that mother for being so selfish. anyways. Just thought I would vent a bit.

8 comments:

Tifani said...

That is such a beautiful picture of you and Ryen.. I don't really know what to say...you did the hardest thing imaginable in giving up Ryen. But you did it with the most selfless love. I try to imagine what I would've done if placed in the same circumstances and I really don't know if I could have been as brave as you. Even though you would have loved Ryen like no one else could, you have given her a very secure home with the most unbelievable parents and sisters. She is lucky to have all of you. I love you and admire your strength.

Campbell Family said...

I LOVE that picture!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone keeps asking me who took our beautiful family pictures! what is the best info for me to give to them your number or just your web site??

Burdett Family said...

That so strange how the first girls situation was som much like yours. You truly are amazing. I would have been pissed off at the other girl to. Beautiful picture.

Scott and Melissa said...

Seriously.. you are amazing.. miss you ! Happy hour before you ladies leave?

tashina birch said...

Your the most selfless person...a strongwilled,brave,understanding, sweetspirited person :) I admire you Linds!

ps. your hair looks great :)
love you!

kimberly said...

love you linz......and all that makes you, you....beautiful picture!
xo

Trashy Decor said...

I watched that episode, too. It made me cry thinking of you. Ryen is blessed to have you and her family. She has TWO amazing mothers! Lucky girl. Some people don't even have one. That mom upset me on that show, also. She almost seemed dead inside though. It was a sad story all around.