Friday, June 19, 2009

So I'm pretty much the biggest moron in the world. I've been living in a handicapped world for the last 11 days. I went to Jerome for the afternoon to get some freash air and at the end of the day I decided to be an idiot. I was all happy and skipping around the town and I went up some stairs and thought.."hm, I'm going to slide down this rail and its going to be SO fun" ...so I did. I caught way too much speed and went flying off the end like a bat out of hell. I landed on my right heel causing it to break. My heel bone shot up into my ankle bone. I sat down and held my ankle in pain. I didn't cry but I did know something was wrong. I got some help across the street from some stranger. the next day I went to see my brother in law (he's a chiropractor) and he did an xray. I couldn't get the best angle with his machine but he was able to see a little of what was going on. I had a partial dislocation as well so he popped that back into place. It really didn't hurt that bad. I went on the next few days, chasing larz around, doing my shoots, and just being crazy like usual. It still hurt really bad. So I finally went to the Urgent care and got another xray. this time I could get into the position that was needed and it showed that I had a broken heel. the following day I went to an actual foot dr and he wanted to give me a Cat Scan but due to the fact that I'm in between insurance's I couldn't afford that. he said that he would give me a temporary cast for 3 weeks but he really wants to see if I would need to surgically have it fixed since there are fragments of bone floating around in my foot. So here I am, with a two year old, wearing a giant cast, working and relying on my mother more than ever. ha ha. I hope I won't need surgery. I got this push cart thing this morning and its awesome. I can move really really fast. I'm still in a lot of pain but I'm just happy to be able to move around. I feel for those who have had foot/leg problems. Its very hard to do regular things and not be very very tired at the end of the day. I am still doing my shoots/weddings. I have to bring home the bacon for me and my man cub. Sigh.  
 
 
 

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Oh Linds...now you have a little push cart like G.Norma!!! I can just see you now you poor thing. Your life is always so exciting and NEVER dull...xoxoxoxo.

Summers Family said...

Ohhh... you poor thing! I feel for you... the worst I've ever done is a little sprane. I hope it heals up good for you!

Amanda said...

wow that little cart is much better than those crutches you were using at lunch yesterday!
:) nice!

Tifani said...

That really stinks! You have a little walker like Grandma. I hope you are able to get around and what not.
payton--I am sorry you hurt your leg Lindsey. Is it going to heal? I love you Lindsey. I hope you feel better when I'm back home next week. Love you Lindsey.

Jessica Stoker said...

OMG that is awful. Like you don't already have enough on your plate.

kimberly said...

oh man linz.....when it rains......
and life does go on, doesn't it?...hope the pain get better soon....and it heals and no surgery needed!!!!
xo

Burdett Family said...

that totally stinks I hope you feel better and it heals good

Trashy Decor said...

You're so freaking cute! I love your push cart!