Tuesday, January 1, 2008

I love you grandpa


Last week my grandpa passed away. Bone Cancer came over him out of nowhere. Dara posted the events on her blog so I wont get to detailed. This loss has effecting all of us very deeply. He was always so strong and courageous. Nothing phased him. Nothing hurt him. He was my mountain man. Growing up I became very close with him. Especially when I became Pregnant with my little Ryen. We seemed to have a connection more than we ever had. He supported me in every way. When they lived in North Carolina a couple years back they had a few opportunities to meet Ryen and Sonny and Megan. They had an instant connection. I am so thankful that she got to meet one of my favorite people in this world. Megan took this one time when they were together. He taught me so much about life. I will truly miss him until the day I see him again. I love you grandpa!

4 comments:

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

I am so sorry about your families loss. May the wonderful memories of him bring a smile to your face.

Campbell Family said...

What a sweet picture of them together. How special to have that. He really is a incredible man...we have been really blessed to be apart of this family. Love you!

Megan said...

Your grandpa was one of the greatest men I've ever known. We love him so much. I hope everything went well with the funeral today. You're in my heart.

Elizabeth said...

I love that photo you have with this post.

Isn't it wonderful, in a way, to have something like this happen -- because it makes you treasure the relationships you have and reflect on the preciousness of life?

He sounds like a wonderful man.