Friday, January 4, 2008

Grandpas Funeral













Well what can I say? Today was filled with SO much love all around. The funeral was sad but so amazing. There were tons of people there! My sister flew in for it too. It was So good to have her there with us. The stories my mom and her sister told about their father were so neat. I love hearing stories about my grandpa. He was so cool! I am so proud to be his granddaughter. He was so strong and so beautiful inside and out. I have the most amazing family a girl could ask for. We sang "in this very room" (me, my sisters and the other granddaughters that were older) during the funeral. I know my grandpa was there listening to us sing/cry our little hearts out for him. 3 of his brohers came down from North Carolina. They are a riot. They have thick accents and they could tell jokes all day long. I loved seeing them especailly the night of the viewing. That was very hard for me and then to watch them talk and laugh alot like grandpa did.... Well it was comforting for me. After the funeral we headed over to lay him to rest. It was the most beautiful day Ive seen in a long time. There was a man there playing the bagpipes. When it came time to say goodbye grandma put something on his coffin. I walked over and saw that she had put down these two little cough drops. Grandpa always had hese things in his shirt pocket and we would always want them. I loved seeing those. I said my final goodbye. We had a luncheon after that. Random family members got up and shared a favorite memory they had with grandpa. It was so nice to hear everyones memories. We got together again this evening and laithe played a home video that he recorded of grandpa on Christmas. Just 3 days before he passed. We all sat in the dark and watched. Grandpa told some funny stories and laughed and said some of his famous lines. :) At the very end he smiled and said "asta la vista baby!". I cannot tell you how good watching that made me feel. It was so good to hear him talk, laugh and just see him alive. I needed that. I miss him so much. Its hard. But I know he is having a blast on the other side! :)

5 comments:

Campbell Family said...

Oh Linds...all of those pictures are so great! I will be giving you a cd to copy them all for me. I loved your post. It was really a special day and a gorgeous one too! I love you!

THE ROGERS FAMILY said...

Your pictures are so beautiful. Wow, it sounds like he was truly such a wonderful man that so many people loved. You know that he is smiling and so happy now!

Elizabeth said...

I was thinking about you guys on that day. Sounds like it was so special.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry to hear about your grandfather. What a beautiful tribute to him. I hope you and your family are doing well.

Anonymous said...

Hey,

I am regular visitor of this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on roblindsandlarz.blogspot.com. Let me tell you one thing guys, some time we really forget to pay attention towards our health. Here is a fact for you. Recent Scientific Research points that closely 80% of all United States grownups are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these individuals, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now the question is how you are planning to have quick weight loss? You can easily lose with with little effort. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health expert who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under hard training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.