Thursday, June 26, 2008

Truth to me.




Cut off from nature, we get sick inside. We lose our sense of belonging to the earth. This belonging fuels the core of energy inside us that sustains our activism. And when we lose that we lose drive and power. We are not able to be the tree that holds the leaning. The more we draw the earthly into our spirituality, the more responsive we become, and our responsiveness calls forth the responsiveness of others. --Sue Monk Kidd, in The Dance of the Dissident Daughter

I was blog surfing on some of the coolest blogs known to man. I came across this one in particular that just got better and better as I read. She is so much like me in her head. She had this on her page (quote above) and I couldn't agree more. My soul feeds on nature. It is strengthened each time I am around it. My want and desire for things fades into dust while standing in a river, dancing on a rock, hugging a tree, singing to flowers, etc. It is all so beautiful and alive! I completely connect with my inner core and focus on how magical my life is. It empowers me. I want to do better, be happier, and make others happy. There is no end to the relationship with nature and it's constant helping hand in your life. Take the time to free yourself in nature.

2 comments:

jessamyn said...

truth to us all!
I LOVE Sue Monk Kidd...she rocks my world.
So great meeting you the other day! I can't wait for more connection.

Maggie Ann. said...

thank you for the sweet comment on my blog.

your art is absolutely amazing!