Monday, July 21, 2008



I decided I'm going to venture into the sewing world. I've sewn before with my mom but she's always been by my side. She's a master at sewing. No joke. She is so good it makes me jealous. I am going to be making my own clothes from now on I think. Well, that is if I can keep my patience levels higher than normal. I tend to get extremely frustrated and impatient with sewing when trying before. But, this time is different because I REALLY want to do it. I would much rather wear something that my own hands have made then go try to find it. I love vintage clothes and they are hard to find sometimes. I have been going to the fabric stores my whole life with my mom but now when I go I feel overwhelmed with ideas. I'll keep everyone posted on anything I make but you cannot laugh or else! Here is an example of some patterns that I just have to get my dirty hands on. I mean, are you kidding me? I can have clothes like this? Lead the way!!!!I can't wait to get started! The link is on my fav's.

5 comments:

Tifani said...

Awesome! I don't have much patience for sewing. I guess I need to work on that. Can't wait to see your progress!!

Megan said...

Oooh! That's so great! I can't wait to see what you make!

kimberly said...

awesome, linz....jess has taken up sewing also....i started off by her side and now....i see all these cute little things she has had courage to do....start small....and just know it's like anything else....it takes a bit of doing to get there!
good luck!
kimber

jessamyn said...

i would totally team up with you on projects to make together, for emotional support! ha! clothes can be tricky at first. I am learning that over and over.

Burdett Family said...

Thats cool. Good luck. I know how impatient you are. I wish I was patient enough to do it. I buy stuff to make things for Carly and I get so frustrated that it isn't working that I quit.