Sunday, August 3, 2008

The beatles.


There is only one word I can think of when I think of The Beatles. Genius. One of my favorite things about them is the fact that they let change occur in their music and it was for the better. I love it when musicians go through phases. Its growth to me. I'm not interested in their early stuff when they had bowl hair cuts and sharp English matching suits on. I like the guys walking across Abby road looking like Jesus and wearing bell bottoms. That in my opinion is when the magic started happening. The Beatles are truly one of the best bands to ever unite and create music in such a mind blowing way. I just can't get enough of them. I went to a special exhibit a while back in scottsdale. IT was a gallery dedicated to John Lennon. I saw actual poetry from him encased in glass. I saw drawings and lyrics never to be heard. It was incredible. He was such a crazy genius. The one thing that really ruffled my feathers was that Yoko Ono signed EVERYTHING!!! Ridiculous. I was watching a documentary on the Beatles and I just Love that band. I just learned black bird on my guitar too with more to come. I'm so proud. Now only if I could get up to Vegas and see the Cirque De Solie show.

1 comments:

kimberly said...

sounds like jessamyn talking! :)....and for her birthday in april, we got her two tickets to the las vegas cirque de soleil show........i remember her saying she was just overcome with emotion watching it and it brought her to tears!
hope you get to see it linz....
hugs