Wednesday, August 6, 2008

LIVE LIFE!

I just got home from an amazing bike ride around town. I've had this bike since I was 18. Its called "the panther". I begged my parents to buy it for me after I moved to Cedar City Utah. (so beautiful there) I put my ipod on and took off. It was windy and beautiful outside. I rode down a steep hill at a park nearby and yelled the whole way down and then griped the whole way up because its steep and hard. Then I sat and watched the lightning make its marks throughout the town. I rode everywhere. Then, after my quads were screaming at me to stop and rub them I rode to my friend amys pool and dove right in. I stayed under water and just enjoyed the silence. I floated and looked at the stars. I sang. I just enjoyed everything. Then when I got home I couldn't find rob. I looked in the backyard and saw a purple light. He was scorpion hunting. (This was because earlier that day I saw Larz playing with a role of paper towels in the hallway and when I bent down to take it from him there was a scorpion on the square next to his hand. I freaked out to say the least.) He had already killed over a dozen of them! A DOZEN in my yard. I sat on our swing and just laughed while he cursed at them for stinging him in bed that one night. If you have never taken time to ride a bike and listen to music, please do. Its magical. And if you have a scorpion problem, get an ultra violet light and go hunting.

4 comments:

thesvancaras said...

Thank you. Your blog is adorable too. Your little boy Larz is a stud.

Summers Family said...

Gotta love AZ! Those dang scorpions are everywhere! i love all your pics Lindz! One of these days you will have to drive the MILLION miles up here so you can take pics of my family! Maybe in a while when my fat is from a kid! hahaha! If only!

Campbell Family said...

When did you get your back here? I thought that treasure was still up in Utah. How happy you must be! That just made me laugh about Rob. Good thing you found that scorpian before Larz did. Yikes!

Burdett Family said...

Oh how I love you. You crack me up. And I hate scorpions and I'm so glad that Larz didn't get stung. Tell Rob I said happy scorpion hunting.