Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Typical Day with a Toddler








My day starts out with Larz at the breakfast table eating his bananas and pancakes. Except he's not the only one eating. The floor is eating, the table is eating, his shorts are eating, the wall is eating and even my face is eating too. Its a feast let me tell you. Then I clean up his syrup ridden face and hands and let him loose. Throughout the day he is climbing, opening doors, opening the fridge, climbing in the dishwasher, pushing on the water machine letting water go everywhere then slipping and crying, putting things in the toilets, you name it, he's doing it. His new favorite thing is to climb up on the couch when we aren't looking and turn the faucet on. It flooded our kitchen the other night a little. (I wasn't home thats why ha) Anyways. I can't have anything nice, cute, or anywhere near the floor because Godzilla will ruin it. I made him pay today. I made him clean. I still love him to death but sometimes I just want to put him in a dog kennel.

6 comments:

Exquisite Effects said...

Lindsey
He is just too adorable! I love your last sentence! " I still love him to death but sometimes I just want to put him in a dog kennel."
That just made me crack up! I'm starting to feel like that already and Brayden is only 8 months old! HA! Fun times ahead!

Adria said...

sister dear, i think its time you invested in a baby gate!! it really will save you running all over the house catching him in places he shouldn't be:)

Burdett Family said...

that baby gate will only help you until he learns to crawl over it or knock it down. Trust me I know. Riley climbs and gets into everything, I can't hide anything from him.

Tifani said...

If I remember correctly you got into quite a bit of trouble all throughout your growing up years. Breaking bones, climbing telivisions, bloody noses. Just rewards my dear....just rewards.

Megan said...

Hmm. That sounds extremely familiar. Miss Ryen Olivia round II! :)

Campbell Family said...

Here it comes Linds....here it comes. Just try and hold on for the ride!