Friday, November 28, 2008

Gobble Gobble




Most of our friends with the Exception of John and Laura don't have any family here. So every year we try to get together and have a friend thanksgiving. We did the same this year and had it at our home. Rob was manning the kitchen and the guests while I ran over to my parents with Larz to say hello. I didn't eat over there, I just dropped in to give hugs. We had a great time at our house. I didn't take any pictures though. I was too interested in my giant plate of food! Rob carved the turkey and everyone was sitting down at their spot at the table. He brought it over on a huge glass plate and as he was leaning down to set it on the table the whole plate slid right off of his arms and hands, crashing down onto the table. Some plates shattered along with the turkey plate. There was glass everywhere, turkey everywhere, etc. ha. Poor rob. I felt so bad because he was so proud of his carving job. After we sifted through the food for glass, checked everyone for cuts and salvaged the remaining turkey, we ate. It was delicious. Then we had a poker game and watched a movie. :) I love thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my family and my friends. :)

6 comments:

Trashy Decor said...

aw, poor rob. that is really sweet to do it w friends. i am thankful for you. love your shirt by the way.

Adria said...

i didn't realise my stomach was that big and that kylee's hair is so red.....

Campbell Family said...

You are a turd. Not only did you leave right when we got there for Thanksgiving you took pictures without me too! That just made me sad. We would have come over early if you would have told me. You a big turd.

Lindqvist Family said...

I'm so bummed that we missed Thanksgiving with you guys this year! But it was probably just as well as Cole was a bit of a maniac all day.

Burdett Family said...

You didn't tell me that happen poor Rob. But how fun.

Smith Crew said...

What a nice Thanksgiving you had :) Your hair is looking long by the way...