Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Final chavasana


Oh how I love this part of my yoga routine. Sigh. First I get all hot and sweaty and then I get a treat at the end that is so amazing everytime. Your "final Chavasana" is when you lay down at the very end of your routine and meditate. Its dark and there is beautiful music cradling you along with candlelight. (and Lindsay's massage skills) Last night Lindsay ( my yoga instructor) had some close friends over to do a yoga/wine/hot tun night again. I love those nights. I haven't done yoga in almost a month because my life has been so insane and its been hard to even find time to put a comb through my hair. :) Needless to say, last night was exactly what my soul needed. I've been to many places while meditating but this one my friends was the ultimate so far.


I was walking in a place kind of like anne of Green gables .It was sandy and there was really tall grass upto my waist. I was barefoot and walking up this pathway. Once I got upto the top, I looked out over an ocean of swaying flowers and the breeze was making my hair dance all over the place. I also saw out in the middle of it all, a HUGE tree. It was glowing and so mighty. I walked towards it with my hands touching every flower I could see. The feeling of calmness and peace was so strong, its almost like it was yelling at me if that makes sense. I layed in the flowers under this tree and felt so happy and whole. I needed nothing. I felt no stress. I felt no heartache. I was perfectly perfect. And then Lindsay slowly and lovingly pulled me out of that heaven, which I REALLY could've stayed in forever. I came to with a surety that everything I have been worrying about it so small and unimportant. I felt like it was all going to be ok.

2 comments:

Burdett Family said...

It is all going to be ok. I love the way you describe it. It's as if I was there my self. Love ya girl.

Trashy Decor said...

What a beautiful experience! I love drifting into Heaven. I'm usually on the ocean with the sun beaming down on my skin. I'm mostly alone and sometimes Catherine comes with me.
It's surreal! And it's very enlightening when you awake and realize how small our problems truly are. Life is very natural and beautiful! We were just born into a very hard world. Thank God for our souls and our mind's eye to take us to where we belong. I love you! And need to see you soon! Can we take a ride in Maple soon? Just you and I my butterfly!