Friday, April 10, 2009

daydreaming part one

Floating on my back in the river. Looking up to the sun for answers but only getting heat that is no match for the heat of my soul. Closing my eyes and hearing the rushing water underneath my body and wishing it would take the negative feelings away with it. They're heavy and bitter. They are pulling me under. I can't stop the weight from grounding me at the bottom. Sitting there contemplating. Somehow I can breath. Amazing. My hair is swirling around my face reassuring me that everything is beautiful and calm right at this moment. But the bad feelings are still lingering around me. They are hiding in the dark corners and under the rocks that line the river floor. Leave me alone. Coming up to the surface and standing on solid ground. I'm dry. Amazing. The wind sings its sweet nothings through my hair and I'm reassured again of the beauty around me. Taking a walk to find peace. Its such a game of hide and seek. We've been playing it for years. Its hiding in the tall grass where my little ones are playing. Chasing each other through thick sheets of laughter. There you are peace. I found you. Joining in the game of chase I feel the weight coming on. The dark clouds roll in and the weight is where they get their color. Grabbing their little hands and running. I love little hands. Hiding in a giant tree for shelter. The darkness wont find me there. Silent moments with 2 angels. wide eyed and beautiful. The storm passes. The sun breaks through. . .

3 comments:

Tifani said...

I love you....and I love your angels.

Trashy Decor said...

Thank you for such a soothing bed time story. Perfect thing to read to soothe my soul, before I fall asleep.

I love you.

Lona said...

What a gift you have in writing. It is magical. Such a sweet feeling comes when I think of your angels. I love you - Mom