Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I am in a very strange mental spot right now. . Life has taken a hold of me and wrapped me in its whirlwind of confusion and frustration for the moment. I am in the middle of moving, shooting on a daily basis, and watching a little boy 3 days a week along with larz. I have always had it good. I have always had days where I say "what should I do today?" Those days are long gone and substituted with an overwhelming schedule. Some days I want to give up and lay in bed all day and tell Larz to give himself a bath and get himself dressed..I want to command my computer to edit all of my photos and respond to my full inbox... But my burning desire to succeed and be a successull single mother is too powerful to let me lay my head down. It is SO hard being a mom. Almost everyday it is hard for me. He is two and all over the place. I can't turn my back for one minute without something happening. Its hard to get everything done that is waiting to be done with him around. But having him around is what makes me happy. He's all I have. He's all I need. And he needs me and he's reliying on me to be his teacher. I ask myself everyday "How in the world am I a mother?.....I shouldn't be aloud to do this" ha. But I'm doing it dang it.

After a long day of moving another load, unpacking, trying to bribe him to eat, sleep, and just plain be a good boy for mommy, it was his bed time. After the fifth time of hearing his door creek open after putting him down I decided to lay with him. I can't imagine how hard it is for him to adjust to having mom here and dad there and this house and then that house. I always forget about how he feels.. I stopped myself from getting mad at him for not going to bed and just layed with him. the night light was on in the corner, lighing up his beautiful blue eyes. There were no sounds from either of us, just the soothing ground fan in the background. He got as close as possible to me and we both layed on our sides facing eachother. He grabbed my hand and held it and looked up at me. He stared at me with such a peaceful expression. When I would smile a little at him he would smile back. When I closed my eyes he reached over and put his little hand on my face to tell me to open them back up so he could stare at me. This silent staring contest went on for about 20 minutes..I carressed his face to help his tired eyes rest. He let go of my hand and grabbed a peice of my hair and put it around his little fingers and leaned in and gave me a kiss. Without letting my hair go, he softly closed his eyes. He looked alot like he did when he was first born at that moment. Simply beautiful and mine. I fell in love with him all over again tonight. Days are beyond hard with my little man cub, but when its all said and done, he's meant for me and I'm meant for him. . Goodnight.

13 comments:

Trashy Decor said...

This was beautiful. I felt as if I was in the room with the two of you, watching you and feeling every emotion that was being evoked. What a beautiful, meant to be moment. I love you.

Amelia Kate said...

I had to stop myself from tearing up while reading that. Aww what children do to us....I just love those moments

Jill Carilli said...

That was an awesome story. You're very brave to do what you are doing. Strong woman... Things will get better.

Scott and Melissa said...

Don't you just love those moments. I think we all seem to get caught up in our everyday routine, but the times that we put it all aside and just have that moment with our children are the BEST! Yo .. let me know if you need help with Larz while you are moving!! Or if you need help moving sheesh!! I could use Scotts truck and help a sista out! Let me know! Sushi is calling us!!!!!!!!

Adria said...

you are such a good mom, linds! larz is such a happy boy and that comes from you. Love you!

kimberly said...

oh linz...this brought tears to my eyes.....and a tug at my heart....i know how hard this is...i watch cory deal with so much as a single mommy...and i know.......and i ache for both of you....but she feels the same way...there is no place she would rather be than with that little boy!!!
your words about being so close to that little boy...and smiling and he smiles back....brings such wonderful memories to me of times with my grandbabies.....trying to soothe them to sleep and having my heart soar with so much love for their little beings!!!
xoxoxo
kim

Tifani said...

Simply perfect. In the quiet slow moments we remember what the real joy of motherhood is.

Megan said...

Oh, you beautiful soul! You can do anything, my Lindsey. You deserved that blissful moment and a million more to come! I am here loving you.

Anonymous said...

You need moments like that to make u realize and not to forget all those times in life, good and bad that got you to where you are. Life is never easy but its a beautiful and wonderful journey, just enjoy the ride as long as you can

Burdett Family said...

those moments are the best they make you remember what life is all about.

jessamyn said...

linz~
i so know this. every word.
sometimes i am really aware of how this is all there is. this is so important.
if you ever need help with larz~ please use me~ he would love to come over and play and my kids would love to have him!
seriously.

Heidi said...

Wow! ...beautiful

Geoffrey and Ellee Pettit said...

wow...thanks linds, that is so sweet. Thank you for sharing. I forget to look at things that way. You are blessed and you're so lovely