Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Slice of Heaven









A couple of months ago I decided it was a good idea to set one day aside in the future to go on an adventure for myself. Well I set the 2nd aside and even though I could've scehduled a shoot and made some money on that day, I kept my promise to myself. and oh boy am I glad I did! I have been so busy lately and I don't seem to have enough time for it all. I have lost a little of myself somewhere in this photography strangulation. ha. Some of my friends and I drove to fossill springs and hiked the whole way in. I had never been to the actual springs, only the creek. No hiking, just park and relax type of thing. This was totally different. It was a very long hike with unbelievable views. I felt like I was back at Anasazi again. ha. I was in awe the entire time. Once we reached the water I just couldn't take it anymore. But we weren't to our destination yet. Then you heard it. The waterfall. SIIIGGGHHHH. It was so amazing. We hiked down near it to meet our friends already laying out on rocks and playing with the dog. It was so amazing. I was so happy. Going under the giant waterfall was unreal. It was so loud and powerful. The hike out couldn't of been longer. After the 4th mile I wanted to jump right off the cliff and say screw it. Once I reached the car I was so proud of this lazy sack of bones.

7 comments:

Adria said...

love those pictures! it looks so gorgeous there! you are beautiful as always! glad you had a fun trip with your friends:

Tifani said...

Awesome!! I have never been to the waterfall there either. Could you be any skinnier....seriously!! I am so glad that you got to go!

Trashy Decor said...

How long did it take you to get back there? I wonder if I could attempt to pull it off if I wore my boot cast. My spirit and soul are longing for some freedom and running water. So glad you got a break and your inner being was able to refresh and truly breath. I love you, my dear.

Scott and Melissa said...

Damn girl.. 30 day shred... shes f**kin hot!! u look amazing!!

The said...

Slice of heaven? Eat a slice of pizza... your ribs are showing.

kimberly said...

beautiful linz.....wow. i would love to do that hike....when we went, we had 5 kids along......so it needs to be child free i am sure!!! :) thanks for sharing!

Burdett Family said...

how fun I miss that place. Didn't you go there with us when we were eleven or twelve with the Rowlies? That hike was horrible but the end so made it worth it.