Monday, June 1, 2009

life is grand. sike.

I had a long wedding yesterday but it was cool. The bride took my breath away constantly with her long black hair and beautiful blue eyes. She was so ridiculously beautiful. Her brides maids were all straight from the pages of a fairy tail story. I showed up with my pencil skirt barely hiding my bruise covered legs, my flat chest and my armpits already sweating. Hi, I'm professional, nice to meet you.

Seriously. I have the most insane life. Larz is covered in a rash again with no doctor to give him a cure . . He looks like hell and is constantly itching himself all over. I like watching him itch himself. Its funny but sad at the same time. I just got home from going to the doctor and I get here and figure out that I'm locked out. The key isn't the same as all of the others on the bottom of our back doors. So here I am in the heat, with a bright red splotchy little two year old throwing dirt at me and trying to see how wet he can get me with the hose. sigh. I told him to crawl through the doggy door and he did and the little genius opened the door right up. Thats right, he's a genius. He was up pretty much all night crying and itching and making me sleep in his bed. I would try to creep away but then 20 minutes later I would have little hands on my shirt pulling and saying "come on mamma". I hated the sun this morning.

By now all of my clients hate me because their photos are all late. But hey, I'm only one person with one finger to edit with. If only I had a wand..hm. I ask myself everyday why I'm even trying to be responsible when clearly I can't handle the heat. It is what it is and I'm not your typical "business woman". I'm real and I have a really crazy life and I'm doing the best I can.End of story.

6 comments:

Jill Carilli said...

Linds, that sucks. Sorry you had to go through that. Poor Larz. Hope he is feeling better. You will get caught up on work and seriously your photos are so amazing they are worth waiting for.

Trashy Decor said...

I love you, Lindz. I think you are amazing. Remember to give yourself time to enjoy life. You shouldn't feel too rushed or too guilty to live, ever. We all have our "mommy" stories, all of us. You're brave, beautiful, strong and I am very proud of you.

Summers Family said...

Poor Kid! I hope you can find out what the rash is from. Good luck with the heat this summer!

kimberly said...

oh my goodness, linz.......what a day....or days!!!! i locked brody and i out the other day, and told him to do the same thing......and there he was at the front door....i called him my super hero for that entire day!.......one thing you seem to keep through all of this is your humor....and that is a good thing.....what else is there?....i've seen many of these days with cory when she first was trying to do it all alone.....you are amazing linz...and i hope that you know you can call us and we can help out sometimes.....larz would have fun with the kids swimming or whatever.....just to give you a little break. please don't hesitate.
xoxo
kim

BlakeandAmanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
tashina birch said...

I love my lindsey...never a dull day! but if things were perfect how boring would that be!?!? Soak it up girl!! You are a great photographer, business woman, editor, mom, sister, daughter, friend. Little larzy is a lucky one!