Monday, April 7, 2008

My Trip




















My 2 dear friends and I finally got to get out of this town for a couple of days. We drove up to Flagstaff for the night and then went to a beautiful place called Slide Rock near Sedona. We stayed at a Hostel in Flagstaff. I have never done that before. It was fun. There were all kinds of foreign people staying there. It was freezing to say the least. I went to target to try to buy some mittens and the employee laughed and said "no,for what? its summer time now". . Then I laughed and said "are you kidding me?". He wasn't. They had not a single pair of mittens. Anyways. We went up there last year when I was pregnant with Larz and one of the nights we went out we met this super old guy that was in love with all 3 of us. He wore me out from dancing so much. Well, we saw him again when we went out this time. ha ha. He is a riot! We drove through this amazing canyon in the morning. There were these giant yellow plants that were breathtaking! The trees were pink and purple. Slide rock was exactly what I needed. We climbed down the river a ways and just relaxed and talked. My friends were trying to get me to hold their hands in a circle for a healing ceremony. You just look at each other without talking. I told them to take a hike with that idea. :) I dont think so. ha ha. I climbed out to a rock that I swear was made just for me. It was shaped like a bowl. I laid inside of it for a while and just took everything in. The wind was blowing, the sun was shining, and the river was moving so beautifully around me. I found some peace. Much needed peace. My friend Amy took a picture of me while I was out there without me knowing. I think it is amazing. It will always remind me of this time in my life. It is amazing to me how much nature really helps me when I am having a tough time. It is my band-aid. All in all we had an amazing time. Sorry for all the pictures. :)

6 comments:

Tifani said...

Wow Linds...that looks amazing. I am so glad that you have such good friends to support you and give you just what you need. What beautiful pictures. I am so glad you went!

Adria said...

i'm glad you were able to get away and have some fun! the pictures are gorgeous as always! love you!

Megan said...

Wow! Those pictures are so beautiful! How do you always find these places? I showed Ryen the pictures and she said it was "unbelievable". Then she asked me if you were in a time out when she saw the pictures of you laying on the rock. :) We all send our love!

Scott and Melissa said...

amazing!!! beautiful pictures! you have AMAZING friends.. seriously that rock and you mesh perfectly!

Rogers Family said...

I feel so much at peace when I look at photos that you take of nature. The beauty of it and how it takes my breath away.. I am so glad you had a weekend to get away from it all. Your little man is so handsome..

Smith Crew said...

It looks like that rock is just cradling you. How amazing.